Saturday, June 20, 2009

Let summer finally begin....







It’s been awhile… it’s a Saturday night, I’m home alone, and I’m finally able to breathe and start my summer. The last day of school was Thursday, with graduation in the afternoon. Friday was a teacher workday. And tonight I had a research paper due for my grad class. I submitted the paper about an hour ago, sat down with some dinner, and watched an episode of Army Wives (my favorite summer tv show, and I missed the season premier because oh wait, I teach and the show comes on on Sunday nights!)
Well the past week or so has been CRAZY! Last Friday was the senior prom. A whole bunch of my teacher friends and I chaperoned. I never went to prom when I was in high school, so OJ picked me up to take me (in a coworker’s Dodge Challenger RT—NICE!) and we all had a great time. The senior class provides dinner for all the chaperones before the dance, so we all enjoyed a nice dinner and some pre-student dancing. Unfortunately, prom is from 9pm – 1am, on a Friday night. Well, I normally am in bed around 9:30 or 10. So I struggled to stay awake. By one, I was having to lean against the wall to keep myself standing…I was SO tired! Over the weekend, I tried to catch up on sleep, but it didn’t seem to happen. Then on Monday, final exams started. After giving two exams, the group of us teachers loaded up six buses of seniors and headed off to Kings Dominion for the senior trip. So much fun! I hadn’t been on a roller coaster in about three years, and I forgot how much I miss them! Plus just hanging out with my teacher friends, and some of the kids, was so much fun. Seriously, I love this part of being a teacher!




But, it was a LOOONG day, and so I definitely started out my week exhausted! The last week of school is never really hard…we give exams, pack up our classroom, etc. However, being exhausted, and having to write a research paper on top of it all, made for a very rough week. Thankfully I have amazing family and friends who helped me out and kept me from stressing TOO much…or at least they tried. Me and my stress levels…one of these days I will get it under control! I hope!
So school is done, my paper is turned in, and I can finally relax. Sure, I still have two more weeks of this current grad class, and I start a second one on Monday, but I think I can handle it. I just can’t believe how fast the summer is going to fly by! I was looking at the calendar and school will be starting again WAY too soon. But I’m looking forward to the summer, however short it may be, and I can’t wait to see what all it holds. There will be grad school, and time by the pool, and moving back in with Mom and Dad, and traveling to Ireland with Sam to meet baby David, and hopefully a trip to St. Louis to see Grammy’s new apartment, and hopefully lots of good times with friends!! I’m excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment