1) I returned from a great trip to Ireland and miss Jess and Seth and the boys like crazy!! We haven’t been able to talk much since school started, and I look at their pictures, and they are growing up so fast!
2) Laura and Jesse moved to Japan, John went off to college, so now it’s just me, the dogs, and mom and dad. Dad hasn’t started working yet, so it makes morning s rough knowing that they are both still asleep, and I have to get up so early! But it’s been nice to be back home and have some quality time with them.

3) OJ and Dad talked and now he and I are “officially” dating J Two weekends ago, we took the girls up to PA and I met the rest of the family (I had only met his mom) and it was a great time of just hanging out and getting to know everyone. This past weekend was a big weekend—first, I threw OJ a surprise birthday party for his 30th (which is today!) and I actually pulled it off! He was so surprised! Not everything went as I had planned, or wanted, but he enjoyed it and we had a great day of celebrating! Also, Saturday morning, OJ and I started taking a class at church…called “Looking Towards Marriage.” It’s for dating and engaged couples who are thinking about marriage. Though it might seem soon for us, both of us are taking this relationship seriously, and it will be good for us to go through this class and learn about each other early on J So Saturday morning was all focused on the Myers-Briggs inventory…I had never taken it before. WOW! I’m an ISFJ. John’s an ESFP. It was awesome how just going through this and learning what each of us are brought up a lot of conversation about why we get along or have disagreements. And after the party on Saturday, I was DRAINED! Being an I, it took everything out of me to throw the party, and John’s the opposite.
We are also reading through a book, with the other 22 couples in the class, and last night we had some awesome table discussion about the habit of happiness and the three sides of the love triangle.
Okay, I think that sums it up! I’ll try to write on a more regular basis….life just gets in the way sometimes!



No comments:
Post a Comment