So, as you might be able to tell, I'm new to this whole blog thing...I'm waiting for my mom and sis to give me some lessons :-) But until then, it's pretty boring!
Can I just say that it's so hard to teach on Mondays, especially after a gorgeous weekend?!? Thankfully, 2 of my 3 classes are taking tests :-) That just means I have to grade this afternoon...
Some people can't understand what I love teaching...it's definitely not the math. Sure, I love the math, but I teach because of the students and the relationships and the influence that hopefully I'm having on the lives of young people. So this morning was interesting and got me to thinking about what I really love about teaching. I got in early (6:25) and spent the next hour helping students before their test today. My door was open and by 7:15 it started getting rowdy...only to find out that there were some kids out there throwing punches. I was the first teacher out there and had to separate the kids. And now all morning I've been working with administrators and counselors to get to the bottom of the situation. So why do I willingly put up with this stuff? Because I honestly love it. No, I don't love the fights, but I love getting to know my students. Some of them are hurting so deeply that they don't know where to turn, and so they take it out on their so-called friends. I love my students so much and would do anything for them. I wish I could show them that love, and show them the One who makes me able to love them. There's only so much I can say and do in a public school. But aren't people suppose to tell we are Christians by our love, and by our actions? I just pray that my students really can see Christ in me and feel the love through my actions. What causes a young girl to be so angry that she punches another in the face? I've had my share of anger issues, but to be so angry that she would physically take it out on a so-called friend? Wow. I pray that God helps me understand and shows me how I can help these young girls so that they can see there is so much more to the world, so much more to life.
What will the students be like in the UK? Will I have the same influence, the same impact? What do students in the UK struggle with?
Come and Gone . . .
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment