Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tired...

What a week! I’m exhausted!

I finished my 21-day round of antibiotics…I’m feeling a little better, but I’ve been super exhausted lately and just can’t seem to get enough sleep. When I do go to sleep, I always wake up in the middle of the night. Now that the antibiotics are done with, it’s a waiting game to see if I get another sinus infection…we’ll probably know in the next 4-6 weeks, since that seems to be the pattern.

Other than physically tired, I’m also just worn out all around. School has been crazy and stressful (though I am soooo blessed to have awesome co-workers surrounding me!) and I’m looking forward to summer, though I have NO plans and need to come up with something fun to do! The idea of not moving to the UK is still something I’m getting use to—I was really looking forward to it and now I’m just trying to figure out God’s plan for me and wondering what He has for me here in northern Virginia.

Lately, I’ve been glued to my music…a lot of Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, etc…here are some of my favorite lyrics at the time:

Jeremy Camp:
One day at a time I will take these words you've given me

One day at a time I will rest in knowing you
One day at a time I will share this gift you've given me
One day at a time I will walk these valleys through

Casting Crowns:
'Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong
When I'm blind you shine Your light on me
'Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability
How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that you want me
So I'll stand on Your Truth, and I'll fight with Your Strength
Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me

There are several other songs that have been speaking to me…but need to look up the lyrics, so I’ll do that in the next post.

Prayer Request: This weekend I am attending my church’s women’s retreat. I signed up, thinking it’d be a good weekend to spend with all my girlfriends, and though some have backed out of it, I’m trusting that God has a reason for me to be there. Please pray that I’ll be open to what He wants to teach me and that this will be a time of refreshing and renewing for me. Plus, I’m super excited to hang out with my friend, Kathryn, and get away for a weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So, the songs that are speaking to you... instead of posting the words, why not add them to a playlist at the bottom of your blog so they will play whenever anyone opens your blog. Great idea Mom! :-) 143

    ReplyDelete