Thursday, May 14, 2009

Morning thoughts...

Good morning,

It’s been awhile. Life’s been crazy, but I guess, when isn’t it? I feel like I’ve been going, going, going lately, and although it’s been good, I’m ready to just stop and rest. I am in desperate need of a “Me Day” to just relax…isn’t that why they came up with “mental health days”? Makes sense to me.

So what have I been doing that’s kept me so busy? Good question. There’s obviously work—trying to get my kids ready for their SOL exams next week and as hard as I try, I just can’t seem to stay on top of all the paper work. It’s too much and I’m overwhelmed with everything that seemingly needs to be done. And then there’s school—I started my next grad class this week. We’ll see how it goes. It shouldn’t be TOO bad, as long as I can stay organized and not fall behind. But oh wait, I’m sick once again. Why does my body decide to get sick every time I take a grad class? Well, this is only my second class, but still. Maybe I’m allergic to being a student! And then, of course, there’s my social life. Which it seems I finally have a bit of one. I have my wonderful roommates and friends from church…though everyone in that circle seems to be busy lately, so it’s been hard to hang out with all them lately. And then there’s my work circle of friends, which has grown stronger in the past couple months. I guess it all started with 6th period “Therapy,” also known as 6th period planning which several of us have together. Although most of us have worked together for the past few years, I think we all started to bond this year, as everyone was going through different things in life and we would use our common planning period to vent and share and cry. Then we started this “game night” as a way to hang out with each other outside of the school building. It’s been awesome. I love my co-workers and it’s been great to build friendships with them, some that I know will last a lifetime.

So I started this blog this morning, and was planning to write more this afternoon, but now I’m too tired…the kids are gone, and I’m sitting in my classroom waiting for the girl to get here who I tutor. Just had a good talk with one of my students who is just hanging out, waiting for his own tutor. I love this part of the day—where I can just and get to know my students. But I’m exhausted! What a long day! (And it doesn’t help that I’m sick once again and on antibiotics…again)

No comments:

Post a Comment