Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday thoughts

some thoughts about tomorrow...
Tomorrow is my birthday...my 25th to be exact. I'm going to be a quarter of a century old. I have always pictured myself married and starting a family when I turned 25. Isn't it funny how we think we have it all planned out, but God steps in and has other plans? So, as I turn 25 tomorrow, what do I have to say for the first quarter century of my life?
In 25 years I have lived in seven states, two countries, visited countless others; graduated top of my class in high school; attended college to study mathematics and fulfill my dream of being teacher; I've dated a few guys who each taught me valuable things about life and love, and who showed me what I really want in a man and a relationship; I have spent the last three years teaching high school, my dream job, and investing in the lives of teenagers in Lorton, Va; I have had nine different roommates in the past seven years...one who became my absolute lifelong best friend and two others who came along later in life but I hope will be there throughtout the rest of it; I love living so close to my family and being close to them and involved in their lives, they are the absolute best; I am an "adult" who loves to play on the playground and watch Disney movies; I have started my Masters degree in Education (Teaching and Learning) and I've learned that as much I love to teach, I hate being a student and have a feeling that it will be a looooong process; but above all else, when I look at the last 25 years of my life, I see God's hand upon it all and I would like to think that I have lived a life that honors and glorifies Him. He is my Lord, my Savior, my Rock, my Strength, my Joy, my Peace, my Love. Though I'm not where I thought I would be, where I planned to be, I know, and I trust, that I'm right where He wants me. One day, I do hope to be married and starting a family, but I trust that God will allow that all to happen in His timing, when He knows that I'm ready, and when He is done preparing my future husband. For 13+ years I have prayed for my husband, not knowing he is, but knowing that wherever he is, whatever he's doing, one day he will be mine. As I look to tomorrow, unmarried, I continue to pray. I pray that God continues to prepare my future husband, I pray that God continues to work his life to make him the man of God he needs to be to lead our relationship, and I pray that God continues to prepare my own heart to be the wife that would honor God in her marriage. I am so glad that God knows what He is doing and I'm so glad that I can trust in Him and His plan.
To all my friends--thank you for the memories in the past 25 years! To my family--thank you for ALwAYS being there, for making me laugh, for teaching me new things all the time, and for loving me no matter what.
Here's to another 25 years...only God knows what is in store!!

1 comment: