My goal today was to go to bed early, but I can’t sleep, so here I am blogging. Let’s see, what can I catch you up on. First, SOL week is over! As of right now, ALL 100% of my Algebra 1 kids passed!!!! The only Algebra 1 teacher with 100% passing! But, I am still waiting on 3 scores…but I’m hopeful! And in Geometry, only 4 of my kids failed, but all 4 get to retake it on Friday, and again, I’m hopeful! If all 4 pass then the failing scores are replaced and I have 100% pass rate! YAY! Okay, I don’t mean to brag, but I’m pretty darn excited, and proud of my students!!
This past weekend, Memorial Day, I decided to spend the day on Saturday with my coworker friends…which was a good idea at first. I love the pool and sun! And I usually tan pretty well. But on Saturday, I was PINK FAST! At first I thought it was just because it was the first day of summer. But I mean, we’re talking HOT PINK on my legs and stomach (not so much anywhere else). And it HURT! Well, Tuesday morning I’m at school and it’s still really pink and painful…you could feel the heat through my jeans (which it was a stupid idea to wear jeans anyways but oh well). Anyways, so I’m sitting there trying to figure out why I’m still so pink and in so much pain…and then it dawns on me. I’m on antibiotics for yet another sinus infection. I google the medicine, and sure enough, you’re not suppose to be in the sun because it causes severe reactions…well, I think I understand that now. Friends, let me remind you, READ THE WARNINGS ON YOUR MEDICINE BOTTLES! They actually mean something! So now I’m just putting on lots of lotion, drinking water, and hoping it goes away soon.
Okay, I really need to sleep and I think I’m finally sleepy enough….Good night, friends!
Come and Gone . . .
14 years ago



Silly Girl!
ReplyDelete