Well hello! It's been a couple weeks since my last post...life has been a little crazy! I returned from Ireland and hit the ground running. Spring Break was the mark of the beginning of the 4th quarter at school. We're down to 8 weeks left, and SOL exams in 3 weeks! Stressful!! But I am SOO ready for summer to get here!!
Life's also been crazy as my family has prepared for this weekend. Yesterday was mom's birthday--I took her to get a pedicure and manicure and it was great to spend some quality time with her since we've both been busy the past two weeks. And last night, Aunt Keop and Uncle David drove in, so we were able to enjoy a nice birthday lasagna dinner. But more than just a birthday weekend, this is Dad's retirement weekend! Tomorrow, Dad will officially retire from the Air Force after an incredible 30-year career!! WOW! The ceremony will be held at the Women's Memorial at Arlington Ceremony, which I think is pretty cool. And today, more out of town guests are arriving and we will start celebrating early by having a BBQ here at the house (it's suppose to be 90 degrees outside! And it's only April!) Mom and Dad were originally thinking that maybe 70 people would make it to the ceremony on Monday, but the RSVP count is over 120 now! It's awesome to see so many people wanting to come out and support Daddy and show him appreciation! When it comes to the military, I seem to be the odd-ball in the family...Daddy is finishing 30 years, Jesse is off flying fighters somewhere, and John is working on getting an ROTC scholarship to college. But just because I haven't joined the military, or found a military husband (which isn't something I'm really looking for), doesn't mean I don't have any less appreciation or love of the military. Just reading my Dad's biography for the program tomorrow, I had tears in my eyes. How amazing to know that not only has Dad spent the last 30 years defending our country and our freedom, but he has been spreading the Gospel and Christ's love and light to a very lost world. What a testimony and witness! I am SOOO proud of my daddy and the career he has had, and I can't wait to see where God takes him in the next 30 years.
I love you, Daddy, and I'm sooo proud of you!
Come and Gone . . .
14 years ago



If only the world were filled with more people like your Dad!! What a role model you have in your life. You should be proud of him!
ReplyDelete