Sunday, April 5, 2009

Irish Update

So, let's see where I left off...
Friday afternoon, after the joys of painting, Jess and I looked through an Irish cookbook and found some good Irish recipes to make for dinner. Seth was in Dublin for the day with the other men on the team, so we had one of the wives and her four kids over for dinner. So much fun!

Saturday was my tour of Youghal :-) We started at the Visitor's Center, which was closed, and then walked all around town, saw some old buildings, checked out an old church (where Richard Boyle is buried--the dad of Robert Boyle from Chemistry). We walked along the old city walls (built sometime before the 1200s)...have some awesome pictures but will have to post them later. Because I've had problems with my camera card :( Anyways, then we went down to the beach...the beach here is full of rocks, rather than seashells, and it was cool and windy, but it was still beautiful!

Yesterday afternoon, Jess and I made a salad for a birthday lunch today...you may think a salad is no big deal. Oh, but this was intense!! We made our own salad dressing...and crumbled our own feta cheese. But, it was from the Irish cookbook so it must be good!!

Today is Sunday, and the Lewis family is off to church. I stayed home because I got sick in the middle of the night, and still don't feel good :( I sure I hope I feel better soon because there are so many more things I want to see and do here in Ireland. I guess, if I don't see it all, that means I just have to come back for another visit :) maybe once David is born!!!

1 comment:

  1. Get some sleep and I know you will feel better real soon! The beaches in East Anglia were all pebbles... not made for laying out and catching some sun :-) Take it easy... love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete