Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Home"

Well, I returned from Ireland this past weekend. What an amazing time! I can't wait to go back, and have already been looking at plane tickets. It was so great to spend a week with my favorite people, and to be in Ireland was an added bonus. I'll admit that the plane ride home was pretty tough. I didn't want to come back here to my reality...there are 45 more school days left in the year and that seems like such a long time. I sat on the plane and really struggled with what God's plan for me is right now...being in Ireland, being surrounded by another culture, having a change of scenery, reminded me why I wanted to move to the UK for a year. I love teaching, I really do. But I'm ready for whatever is next. I'm ready for change. My absolute best friend has been married for 5 years and is getting ready to have her second child, and she is so happy. I'm happy for her, too! I just want that, too. My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary this week...and that's like 39 years of being together since they started dating in 8th grade. I want that! But I want God's timing, too, and I want the man He has for me. So I wait. And I wait for whatever is next. Which, as much as I know right now, is staying here at South County and teaching for another year, and most likely moving back home with Mom and Dad this summer.

On another note, the past three days have been cold and rainy and gross. I woke up today and took my time getting ready and was so glad that the sky was blue when I walked to my car. As much as I love winter, I think I'm definitely ready for summer. I'm ready for warmer weather so I can go to the park and go for a walk. I'm ready for the end of the school year--this has been a rough year with students and fellow teachers! And I'm ready for whatever changes may come, but especially changes in the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment