Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blarney

Today: the adventures of Blarney :)

I woke up and it was raining like crazy. We had a slow start because I still wasn't feeling great, so was moving slow. But we finally got on the road and headed towards Blarney. It was just over an hour drive...I think...I kinda fell asleep. But we got there and it was still rainy, and cold, but the rain stopped long enough for us to walk up to the Castle. We got in line to climb to the top of the castle, and of course, it started raining again. Wow, the castle is tall! We climbed pretty high! Daniel did pretty well, considering we were in a tiny little staircase for most of the way! We got to the top of the Castle, and the rain held off long enough for me to kiss the Blarney Stone! Weird to think of how many people have kissed that thing....ewwww! My sister kissed it 26 years ago, and Jessica kissed it 7 years ago, and now Seth and I both got to kiss it today! It started raining again when we got back to the car, and we went to the Woolen Mills (sp?) so I could do a little shopping--wow, I was pretty overwhelmed with everything there! I could've spent my entire tax refund! We even stopped at the bar there and had some tea and scones--yummy! Then it rained the entire drive home. I even took a nap when we got home...between not feeling good and the heavy rains, all I want to do is sleep!!
Jessica made a yummy dinner of pork, potatoes, and peppers (we like the letter "p") and now Daniel is asleep and we are watching Kindergarten Cop, while Jess works on a paper, and I will eventually work on David's baby blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment